Apple & Cinnamon Streusel Cake
This delicious and light apple cake is a real treat. The addition of the yoghurt gives the cake a wonderful taste that is enhanced by the spices, apples and the clear honey.
Our streusel cake is great as a dessert or sliced and served with a cuppa. FAGE Total Greek Recipe Yoghurt ensures a light and fluffy base layered with sweet fruit and a crisp oat-inspired topping.
150g FAGE Total
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
100g unsalted butter, softened
100g light muscovado sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
4 apples (granny smith or cox)
For the streusel:
125g plain flour
50g light muscovado sugar
50g rolled oats
½ tsp ground cinnamon
50g unsalted butter softened
Icing sugar and clear honey to serve
10 mini toffee apples (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a 22cm (8 1/2 ") diameter spring form cake tin.
- For the streusel: In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, sugar, oats and cinnamon together. Add the butter and rub together with your fingertips until crumbly and the butter is completely incorporated.
- For the cake: sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder together in a bowl. In another bowl cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the yoghurt and vanilla. Fold in the flour mixture until smooth. Turn into the prepared tin.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and arrange them on top of the mixture. Cover generously with the streusel. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool in tin for 15 minutes. Remove from the tin and cool completely.
- Before serving dust the cake with icing sugar and drizzle generously with honey. Arrange the toffee apples on top if using.
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.