TOTAL Marquise Birthday Cake
This Marquise Birthday Cake is a real showstopper!
This recipe is for the 8" cake (top layer only) which is a sensible size for you to make at home:
For the vanilla sponge:
250g FAGE Total
300g unsalted butter
300g golden caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
350g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
For the yoghurt cream:
150g FAGE Total
350ml whipping cream
50g golden caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
To build the cake:
500g fresh raspberries + some for decoration
2 boxes of white chocolate cigars
1 pomegranate, quartered
Edible glitter and gold leaf to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Butter and line 2 x 20cm (8") cake tins.
- In a large bowl using an electric beater, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well. Fold the vanilla and yoghurt into the mixture. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in until nice and smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 prepared tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the yoghurt cream: whip the cream to a stiff peak. Whisk the sugar and vanilla into the yoghurt and then fold the cream in gently. Keep to one side.
- To build the cake: trim and slice the vanilla sponges horizontally to give 4 x 1.5cm (3/4") thick layers. Line a 20cm (8") round spring form tin with baking paper. Place a layer of cake on the bottom. cover with a layer of the yoghurt cream (approx 0.5cm (1/4 ") thick). Cover with fresh raspberries then cover with more cream and repeat till you reach the top of the tin. Cover the cake and remaining cream with film and leave to chill for at least 6 hours in the fridge.
- To decorate, gently remove the cake out of the tin and transfer to a serving plate. Using the rest of the cream and a palette knife spread a small layer all over the cake to cover. Stick the chocolate cigars to the cream all round the edge.
- Decorate the top of the cake and the serving plate with the redcurrants, blueberries, strawberries, pomegranate quarters and any remaining raspberries. Add a touch of edible glitter and gold leaf for extra glam!!!
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Perfect served with a raspberry coulis.
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.