Yoghurt and Buttermilk Pancake Stack with Roasted Rhubarb
Whip up these pancakes as a weekend breakfast treat!
For the pancakes:
100g FAGE Fruyo Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt
220g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp caster sugar
For the rhubarb compote:
240g Fruyo Vanilla
12 sticks Rhubarb
50g caster sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Put all pancake ingredients (except the butter) into a blender and mix until nice and smooth. Leave to rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- For the rhubarb compote, preheat the oven to 180C /350 F/gas 4. Cut the rhubarb into 10cm/4” lengths and arrange in a single layer on a large baking tray.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the rhubarb. Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes or until the rhubarb is just soft to touch.
- Remove, cool and then using a fork lightly crush the rhubarb into a coarse puree.
- Stir the pancake mixture and transfer to a jug. Melt a little butter in a frying pan. Pour enough batter in the centre of the pan to make a 7.5cm/3” disc. Gently fry for a minute until bubbles rise to the surface. Using a palette knife flip it over and cook for 30 seconds more until cooked and golden. Repeat with the remaining butter and pancake mixture.
- To serve, stack the pancakes on a plate. Serve with the rhubarb and cinnamon compote, a dollop of yoghurt and drizzle with honey.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.