Chargrilled Salmon on New Season Potatoes with Roasted Beetroot and Tartare Yoghurt
The salmon is char grilled so that the naturally oily skin gets coloured and really crispy –best achieved using a ribbed frying pan or griddle pan.
150g FAGE Total
2 medium-sized raw beetroot
1 tbsp tartare sauce
20 New potatoes
1 tsp lemon juice
1 large shallot, chopped very finely
1 tbsp of chopped flat parsley
4 Large fillets of salmon
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170 C/325 F/ gas 3. Wash the unpeeled beetroot and in cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper. Lay them on a sheet of foil and drizzle on about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Wrap up loosely but securely. Place the beetroot parcel in the oven on a baking tray for approximately 1 hour until tender.
- Remove from the foil and when they are cool enough to handle, scrape away the skin. Finely chop the flesh place and in a bowl to cool.
- Add the FAGE Total yoghurt, tartare sauce and season with pepper and cover and chill until required.
- Cook the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water and until they are just done. Drain immediately and slice the potatoes whilst still warm. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, the lemon juice, shallot and parsley.
- Turn the potatoes over so that the mixture is well dispersed amongst the potato. Add a pinch of salt if necessary. Cover and leave out of the fridge until needed.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Lightly brush the salmon with a little olive oil. Add to the hot pan skin side down.
- Allow to sizzle for 1-2 minutes before turning one over to check that the skin is nice and crispy. If it is then flip the fish over and finish off on the flesh side. The whole process should take approximately five minutes.
- Serve the fish on top of the potato salad with a good dollop of relish on top.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.