Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Baba Ganouche & Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Looking for an alternative Sunday roast? Look no further than this herb crusted rack of lamb served with baba ganouche and sweet potatoes.
3 tbsp FAGE Total
2 short racks of lamb – ask your butcher for 6 bone pieces with most of the fat trimmed away
½ loaf white bread made into bread crumbs
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp chopped flat parsley
½ tbsp chopped mint
½ tbsp chopped coriander
2 egg whites
2 tbsp English mustard
2 large aubergines
½ lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
100ml extra virgin olive oil
2 large peeled range flesh sweet potatoes
Handful of rocket leaves
100g feta cheese
8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Heat a frying pan and pour in a little vegetable oil. When the oil is nice and hot seal the lamb racks all over. This means that you will colour them on all sides but you are not trying to cook them. Cool the lamb.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with all of the herbs.
- Put the egg whites into a bowl and whisk in the mustard.
- Take a lamb rack and dip the fat covered side into the egg white and mustard. Then dip the lamb into the breadcrumbs and pack them against the lamb so that the lamb has a raw breadcrumb crust.
- Cook in a hot oven, 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4, for about 25-30 minutes. The crust will be cooked and crispy and the lamb will be pink inside.
- Cut each person a 3 bone chunk of lamb.
- To make the baba ganouche place a griddle pan on the hob and allow it to heat up.
- Prick the aubergines with a fork a few times and place in the pan.
- Leave the aubergines for at least 15 minutes before turning them over and doing the same again. You may need to turn them 4 times to cook each side. They will blacken and go crispy and may smell as if they are burning but this a good thing! The idea is to char the outside to give the inside a smoky taste. The aubergines will collapse a little as they cook.
- When done place the aubergines in a bowl to cool. Any juice that drips from them should be saved to add back in later.
- When cool split each aubergine and using a spoon scrape out all the flesh right down to the charred skin.
- Place the aubergine flesh in a food processor and add the lemon juice, chopped garlic, yoghurt and olive oil and then whizz up to a coarse puree.
- To make the sweet potato salad, cut the potato into a rough 2cm dice and fry in olive oil until cooked through and caramelised and then place them in a bowl.
- Shred the rocket and add to the potatoes. Scoop out the pomegranate and add this too. Crumble in the feta cheese, throw in the tomato and add a splash of olive oil. Mix up and serve.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.