A dosa is a type of pancake popular in India and Sri Lanka. This one is filled with potatoes, chillis, lots of spices and cooling yoghurt.
For the filling:
170g FAGE Total
2 baking potatoes, scrubbed
2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 dried red chilli, finely sliced
1 fresh red chilli, finely sliced
1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled & finely sliced
2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 lime, halved
4 spring onions, trimmed & finely sliced
3 tbsp coriander, chopped
For the Dosa batter:
130g chickpea gram flour
140g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
3 tsp mustard seeds
400-450ml cold water
Olive oil for cooking
For the dip:
250g FAGE Total 0%
3 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Prick the baking potatoes and sweet potatoes, wrap in foil and bake in a pre-heated oven, 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6 for approximately 1 hour, until soft.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potatoes, roughly mash and set to one side.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chillies, ginger, mustard seeds, turmeric and salt and fry until the seeds start to pop. Then, pour the spices over the potatoes and mix together.
- Add the lime juice, yoghurt, spring onions and coriander and mix well.
- To make the batter, mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and gradually whisk in enough water to make a loose batter. Cook the batter using a frying pan and a little olive oil to make the pancakes.
- Mix together the FAGE Total yoghurt and chopped coriander to make the dip.
- Fill the pancakes with the hot potato mixture and serve with the dip, a few sprigs of coriander and lime wedges.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.