Lebanese Flat Bread with Mackerel & Yoghurt Hummus
This delicious mackerel dish is full of flavour, from the spring onion salsa to the homemade hummus.
Fish fans will love this summery mackerel recipe - served on a hearty flat bread with salad and accompanied by home-made hummus that's created using our creamy FAGE Total Yoghurt.
4 tbsp FAGE Total
100g red cabbage, finely sliced
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini paste, seasoning and FAGE Total yoghurt in a food processor and mix to make the hummus. Refrigerate.
- To make the flatbread, place the yeast, sugar and 25ml of the lukewarm water into a small bowl and lightly stir to dissolve. Place the bowl in a warm place for approximately 10-15 minutes to activate the yeast. The mixture will froth up.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the salt, activated yeast, coconut oil, chopped chillies and yoghurt to the flour and begin to combine. Add the remaining lukewarm water as required and knead the dough until it comes together without being too sticky.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for approximately 5 minutes. Rest the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat a large frying pan to a medium heat. Divide the dough into 4 portions and roll out into thin oval long shapes. Brush with coconut oil and cook in the frying pan until it bubbles and is golden on one side. Turn and cook the other side.
- In another frying pan, on a medium heat fry the mackerel fillets in a little coconut oil, for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Combine the spring onions, peas, lemon thyme, parsley and lemon juice together to make a salsa.
- Spread the flatbreads with the homemade hummus, sprinkle with salsa and sliced red cabbage, lay on the pan-fried mackerel fillets and top with seasonal leaves and a dollop of yoghurt.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.