Spiced Lamb Burgers with Courgette Tzatziki & Chilli Jam
Serve these delicious lamb burgers with refreshing tzatziki and chilli jam at your BBQ and they're sure to be a hit!
For the burger:
500g minced lamb
½ red onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp cayenne
1 tbsp coriander, chopped
Salt & black pepper
For the Tzatziki:
100g FAGE Total 2%
1 large courgette
Small bunch of mint, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
For the tomato chilli (this will make about 4 jam jars worth):
1.5kg ripe baby plum tomatoes
300ml red wine vinegar
750g caster sugar
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
2 red chillies, chopped including seeds
4 ciabatta rolls
- Put all the burger ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into four and mould into burgers. Rest in the fridge until required.
- For the tzatziki, coarsely grate the courgette. Gently squeeze out any excess moisture then add the mint, garlic and yoghurt. Mix well and chill in the fridge until required.
- For the jam, cut the tomatoes into chunks and put all of the ingredients into a heavy based pan and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking the mixture until it starts to reach a thick jam consistency. At this point reduce the heat and watch the mixture closely to avoid it catching on the bottom of the pan.To test whether the jam is ready, put a little of the mix on a cold plate and chill in the fridge. If it sets after a few minutes take it off the heat. Store the jam in sterilised jars in the fridge.
- To serve, grill or BBQ the burgers for 4 minutes each side under a medium to hot grill.
- Halve the rolls and toast or griddle until warm and golden.
- Build your burger with a decent dollop of tomato jam and tzatziki. Customise with lettuce, red onion and even a slice of goat’s cheese if you wish.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.