Tandoori Roast Duck with Yoghurt and Sweet Potato Gratin
Total Yoghurt is great used as part of a marinade. In this recipe mix with Tandoori paste.
For the duck marinade:
100g FAGE Total
2 duck breast, trimmed & scored
2 tbsp Tandoori paste
Salt & pepper
For the gratin:
400g sweet potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
200g FAGE Total
3 egg yolks
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Salt & pepper
For the raita:
100g FAGE Total
½ cucumber, peeled into long ribbons
1 tsp coriander, chopped
½ red onion, diced
- To make the marinade, mix the yoghurt and tandoori paste together and season. Cover the duck breast with the marinade and chill in a refrigerator for 12 hours.
- On the day of serving, make the gratin. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 400F / 200C
- In a saucepan, mix the milk with the garlic and bring to the boil. Place to one side to allow the garlic to infuse with the milk. After 10min, add the yoghurt and the egg yolks. Season to taste.
- Layer half the potatoes in the oven proof dish, overlapping the slices, sprinkling each layer with a little salt and pepper. Pour over half the liquid and finish layering, then add the rest of the liquid. Bake in a moderate oven until golden brown.
- Mix all the Raita ingredients together in a bowl and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile lay the duck in a pan and quickly seal the meat over a medium heat for approx 1-2 minutes. No additional oil is needed, as the fat from the duck will be sufficient.
- Next pop the same pan (containing the duck) into a moderately hot oven for around 8 minutes. Add an additional 5 minutes, if you prefer your meat well done. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.