150g all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
115g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
120ml ice/cold water
For Quiche Filling:
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium leek, chopped
225g asparagus, cut into 1” lengthschunks
280g FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
120ml light cream (12% fat)
6 large eggs
125g Gruyère cheese, grated (4oz)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Crust: In a food processor pulse to combine flour and salt. Add butter and pulse until butter is in roughly pea-sized pieces. Add ice water a little at a time, pulsing between additions, until all the flour is moistened but not wet. The flour mixture should come together when squeezed but should not be sticky. If it is too crumbly, add a little more water.
- Press dough together, then roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 10” circle. As you roll, check to make sure the dough does not stick to the work surface. Transfer dough to a 9” pie dish, pressing crust into the maizeers of the dish. Trim away all but 1” / 2cm of crust overhang, then fold overhang back under itself so a thick edge of crust sits on the rim of the pie dish. Crimp or flute the edge as desired, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375℉Gas Mark 5. Line pie crust with parchment paper and fill to the brim with dried beans, pressing gently so beans completely fill crust. Bake crust until edge is golden brown and dry to the touch, about 25 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and dried beans and return crust to oven until bottom is lightly browned, 8-10 minutes longer. Let crust cool completely.
- Filling: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together FAGE Total, half and half, and eggs until combined. Add gruyère, leek mixture, and salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake until almost set in the centre, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm. Store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.