Athenian Spiced Arni with Aubergine Caviar
500g FAGE Total
4 leg of lamb steaks
1 bunch coriander
2 large aubergines, diced
100ml white wine vinegar
50g brown sugar
500ml thick chicken stock
25g shallots, diced
Salt & pepper
- Empty the FAGE Total Yoghurt into a bowl and mix in 90% of the cumin. Chop the coriander and add half to the yoghurt marinade.
- Pour the yoghurt marinade over the lamb steak and leave to marinate for 12 hours.
- Gently fry the aubergine in a little olive oil until soft and translucent. Add the vinegar and sugar and reduce slowly.
- When the aubergine has reduced to a sticky compote, season to taste.
- For the sauce, sautée the diced shallots with the remaining cumin and add the chicken stock. Reduce by ¾ then whisk in the remaining yoghurt marinade from around the marinated lamb.
- Pan fry the lamb steaks until golden brown and slice.
- To serve, arrange the aubergine caviar in the centre of the plate and place the lamb over it. Drizzle the sauce over and around.