Banoffee Oat Parfait
12 tbsp FAGE Total 0% Yoghurt
4 large bananas
25g pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
25g almonds, roughly chopped
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
100g rolled oats
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
8 dates, stones removed
- Mash one of the bananas in a bowl. Stir in the pumpkin seeds, almonds, peanut butter, half the rolled oats and half the cinnamon. Spread onto a lightly greased baking sheet and cook under a medium heat grill for 10 minutes, turning over half way through. Break up and leave to cool.
- Mix the remaining oats with the milk in a saucepan. Cook the oats over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the milk has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and stir in half the honey, the cinnamon and ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Place the dates in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 2 minutes. Remove the dates, reserving the water. Mash the dates and gradually stir in enough of the reserved water to give a soft caramel consistency. Stir this into the cooked oats and cool.
- Mash 1½ bananas with the FAGE Total 0% yoghurt and remaining honey. Slice the remaining bananas.
- To layer the dessert, reserve a little of the biscuit base for the topping. Put the biscuit base in a glass. Arrange half the banana slices on top. Add a layer of the date-oat mix, followed by banana. Top with the banana yoghurt mixture and sprinkle over the reserved biscuit base.
- This recipe was created by blogger <a href="http://www.bigcitydreamer.com/">Fresh Heather. </a>