For the base:
250g ginger nuts biscuits
125g butter, melted
½ tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
500g FAGE Total
500g butternut squash, with skin on and cut in 3cm cubes
125g cream cheese
2 tbsp lemon juice
100g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F / 170°C / Gas Mark 3. 2. 3. 4. 2. 3.
- Roast the butternut squash for 30 minutes until tender but not coloured.
- When cold enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and mash it with a fork to make a puree. The puree needs to be as dry as possible.
- Line a 23cm loose-based tin with a double layer of foil (your tin needs to be waterproof) and baking parchment.
- For the Base: Blitz biscuits in a processor, add the cinnamon and melted butter. Blitz again then press the biscuit mixture into the double lined tin to create an even base.
- For the Filling: Blitz 125g FAGE Total Yoghurt, butternut squash, ricotta, and cream cheese in the processor. Add the eggs, sugar and the lemon juice. Pour the mixture into the tin.
- To Bake: Place the tin into a roasting tray and half fill the tray with water.
- Bake for 1¾ hours, or until the filling has set with only a small amount of wobble left at its centre. Take the tin out of the water bath and sit it on a cooling rack. When it is cool enough, put the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve, remove the tin foil and baking parchment. Cut into slices and serve with a dollop of FAGE Total Yoghurt.