For the filling:
- 70g of unsalted butter, melted
- 70g of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, washed and cut into thin slices
For the pastry:
- 190 g cup of flour for all uses
- 1 ½ tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ kg grated cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- ½ tbsp. grated nutmeg
- ¼ tbsp. salt
- 50 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 140 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 145 g FAGE Total, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray a 24 cm round pan with a removable base with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced apples in a circular pattern and add the sugar & butter mixture on top. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until lightly creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Then slowly add the yogurt, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients little by little to the liquid ingredients on low speed until all the ingredients are combined.
- Spread the dough evenly on the apples you have taken out of the fridge.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean that you will dip in the center.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a knife, peel the edges of the tart from the mold, remove the removable base and carefully turn the tart over on a plate or cake stand.