180gr all-purpose flour
45g whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon cardamom
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
280g FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
60g grated carrots
120ml orange juice
100g brown sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
60ml olive oil
½ teaspoon vanilla
25g finely chopped candied ginger
50g golden raisins
170g cream cheese, cut into cubes
190g powdered sugar
145g FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cake: Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4. Spray a square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Ιn a medium bowl whisk together flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine FAGE Total, carrots, orange juice, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold dry ingredients into the carrot mixture until blended. Fold in ginger and raisins.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.