Chocolate Macaroon filled with Milk Chocolate Ganache
Meringue Ingredients :
4 medium egg whites
250g caster sugar
50g cocoa powder (sieved)
400g FAGE Total
250g good quality milk chocolate
- Line two flat baking sheets with parchment paper
Using an electric hand whisk or machine whisk at high speed, whisk the egg whites and half of the sugar until thick. Turn the speed of the whisk down a little and gradually add in the rest of sugar. You should be left with a very thick and shiny mixture. Fold the sieved cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Fill a piping bag (with a star shaped nozzle) with the meringue mixture. Holding the piping bag upright, carefully pipe 5cm rosettes (see picture), approx 5cm apart on to the baking trays.
- Bake the meringues gently in a pre-heated oven until dry to touch (275F / 140C / Gas Mark 1). Once the meringues are ready, take them out of the oven and leave to cool. (Store in an air tight container, NOT in the fridge)
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water. When the chocolate is melted, whisk in the yoghurt and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a star shaped nozzle and piping bag, pipe a generous amount of ganache in between two meringues. Sandwich together and dust with cocoa powder for garnish.