110g butter, softened
75g granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
70g FAGE Total Yogurt 0%, 2%, 5%
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
260g all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
240g powdered sugar, sifted
1 egg white
3 tablespoons FAGE Total yogurt
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ tablespoon water, more water to thin out consistency if needed
Mini candy covered chocolate
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, yoghurt, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a small bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula. Add the second half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Flour a clean surface and roll dough out to 0.5 cm thickness. Cut out the dough using cookie cutters and place onto parchment sheet. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- Let the biscuits cool down. Then, in another medium bowl for the icing, whisk together the powdered sugar, egg whites, yogurt and vanilla extract. Thin the frosting with ½ tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached. If desired, add gel food coloring.
- Decorate with mini chocolate candies and sugar sprinklers.