Fillet of Beef with Stroganoff Cream
This variation of the Russian classic is quick & easy to prepare. The yoghurt takes away some of the creaminess of the sauce, giving a lighter flavour.
250g FAGE Total
4 fillet steaks
2 shallots, finely diced
4 gherkins, cut into strips
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp paprika
100g button mushrooms, sliced
- Season and fry the steak pieces in a hot oiled pan for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and drain the juices into a jug.
- Put the pan back on the heat and lightly fry the shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Once cooked add the brandy and gherkins.
- Add the paprika and yoghurt to the pan and bring to the boil. Add the meat juices.
- Return the meat to the sauce and cook to desired cooking degree.
- Serve with pilaff rice or pasta.