450 g FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5%
100 g of sugar
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
Pinch of salt
100 g unsalted butter, softened
150 g granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
100 g FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5%
1 tea spoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
Food coloring (optional)
300 g of all-purpose flour
Half-teaspoon baking powder
- Freeze bowl of ice cream maker for 3 hours before using.
- Place yogurt, sugar, vanilla bean, and vanilla extract into an ice cream maker and mix for 35-40 minutes. Freeze frozen yogurt in a storage container for at least 2 hours. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, whip together with an electric mixer or blender and freeze.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, yogurt, vanilla extract, and food coloring of your choice and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until roughly combined. Add the second half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out each color dough to about 1 cm thickness. Cut out the dough using cookie cutters and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to firm out.
- Remove from the freezer and bake for 7-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden in color.
- Transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Scoop vanilla frozen yogurt between two cookies and repeat with the remaining cookies. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.