3 tbsp FAGE Total
2 short racks of lamb – ask your butcher for 6 bone pieces with most of the fat trimmed away
½ loaf white bread made into bread crumbs
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp chopped flat parsley
½ tbsp chopped mint
½ tbsp chopped coriander
2 egg whites
- Heat a frying pan and pour in a little vegetable oil. When the oil is nice and hot seal the lamb racks all over. This means that you will colour them on all sides but you are not trying to cook them. Cool the lamb.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with all of the herbs.
- Put the egg whites into a bowl and whisk in the mustard.
- Take a lamb rack and dip the fat covered side into the egg white and mustard. Then dip the lamb into the breadcrumbs and pack them against the lamb so that the lamb has a raw breadcrumb crust.
- Cook in a hot oven, 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4, for about 25-30 minutes. The crust will be cooked and crispy and the lamb will be pink inside.
- Cut each person a 3 bone chunk of lamb.
- To make the baba ganouche place a griddle pan on the hob and allow it to heat up.
- Prick the aubergines with a fork a few times and place in the pan.
- Leave the aubergines for at least 15 minutes before turning them over and doing the same again. You may need to turn them 4 times to cook each side. They will blacken and go crispy and may smell as if they are burning but this a good thing! The idea is to char the outside to give the inside a smoky taste. The aubergines will collapse a little as they cook.
- When done place the aubergines in a bowl to cool. Any juice that drips from them should be saved to add back in later.
- When cool split each aubergine and using a spoon scrape out all the flesh right down to the charred skin.
Place the aubergine flesh in a food processor and add the lemon juice, chopped garlic, yoghurt and olive oil and then whizz up to a coarse puree.
- To make the sweet potato salad, cut the potato into a rough 2cm dice and fry in olive oil until cooked through and caramelised and then place them in a bowl.
- Shred the rocket and add to the potatoes. Scoop out the pomegranate and add this too. Crumble in the feta cheese, throw in the tomato and add a splash of olive oil. Mix up and serve.