Indian Spiced Naan Bread
No curry is complete without naan bread, so why not give making your own homemade version a go!
75g FAGE Total
450g strong white flour
1 tsp salt
7g dried yeast
1 tbsp butter, melted
200ml lukewarm water
For the spicy topping:
5 tbsp butter, melted
½ tsp cayenne
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp coriander, ground
100g FAGE Total
25g red onion, diced
Fresh coriander and chillies for garnish
- Place the flour, salt and yeast into a large bowl. Add the yoghurt and melted butter then gradually add water to form a dough, kneading with your hands for approximately 5 minutes on a floured surface.
- Return to the bowl and cover. Leave to prove in a warm place for about an hour.
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Roll out pieces of dough into flat teardrop shapes, place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until puffed and golden.
- To make the spicy topping, mix the melted butter and spices together.
- About 3-5 minutes before the bread is cooked, remove from the oven and brush on the spicy mixture and return to oven for a few minutes.
- Mix the yoghurt with the red onion.
- Serve warm and garnish with fresh coriander, chillis and the onion yoghurt.