Milk Chocolate Yoghurt Mousse Easter Cake
A great way to use up leftover Easter egg chocolate is in this indulgent chocolate mousse cake.
For the cake base:
25g cocoa powder sifted
50g dark muscovado sugar
125ml boiling water
63g unsalted butter, extra for greasing
75g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
113g plain flour, sifted
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
For the mousse:
500g FAGE Total
50g Stevia sugar sweetener
250g milk chocolate, melted
For the drizzle topping:
75g white chocolate, melted
75g dark chocolate, melted
Mini chocolate eggs, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven, 180°C / 350°C / Gas Mark 4. Line an 8 – 10 inch loose bottom cake tin with parchment paper.
- Place the cocoa powder and dark muscovado sugar in a large bowl and whisk in the boiling water. Set aside.
Cream the butter and caster sugar together in a separate bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla extract and egg to the creamed butter and sugar, mix in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda.
- Fold the cocoa mixture into the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
To make the mousse, whisk the Stevia with the yoghurt and fold in the melted milk chocolate.
- Spread the mousse onto the cooled chocolate cake in the tin and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove the cake from the tin and drizzle with melted white and dark chocolate and decorate with mini eggs.