Pink Grapefruit Soufflé with Passion Fruit
Treat your loved one with this deliciously light and fruity soufflé.
125g FAGE Total
A little melted butter and caster sugar for lining the moulds
3 egg yolks
15g corn flour
125ml pink grapefruit juice
3 egg whites
40g caster sugar
1 passion fruit
Preheat the oven to 375F / 190C / Gas Mark 5.
Grease two soufflé moulds with the melted butter. Dust with caster sugar and put in the fridge to cool.
To make the crème patisserie, mix together the egg yolks, sugar, flour and corn flour to form a paste.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring the pink grapefruit juice to the boil. Remove from the heat and fold in the egg mixture and yoghurt to form a thick custard. Return to the heat and cook on a low setting for 5 minutes whilst stirring constantly.
Place this mixture to the side and allow to cool.
- To make the meringue, whisk the egg whites and caster sugar until the mixture stands up in soft peaks.
- Mix a third of the peaked egg whites into the crème patisserie to make a soft creamy texture.
- Very gently, fold in the remainder of the egg white mixture to retain as much air and lightness to the soufflé as possible.
- Scoop out the pulp from the passion fruit and divide into the bottom of the soufflé moulds. Fill a piping bag with the soufflé mixture and carefully pipe into the moulds, filling to the brim. Smooth the tops and run your thumb around each, just inside the rim (this helps rising).
- Place in the middle of an oven (preferably fan assisted) for 12-14 minutes.