Roast Shoulder of Spiced English Lamb
1 boned shoulder of English lamb, or leg if you prefer
A little olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the marinade:
250g FAGE Total
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- Beat all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon for 4 minutes.
- Place the lamb on a board and season well.
- Rub the lamb all over with the yoghurt marinade.
- Place in a freezer bag with any remaining yoghurt marinade and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C / Gas Mark 4 and heat the olive oil in a roasting tray.
- Seal the lamb and roast in the oven for up to 2 ½ hours, depending on how you like your meat cooked. The enzymes in FAGE Total yoghurt helps to tenderise the meat, adds flavour and can be used on cheap cuts of meat.
- During the summer reduce cooking time by 30 minutes and finish off on your BBQ. Serve with a Greek salad and new potatoes.