Rose Petal Ice Cream
500g FAGE Total
50g blackcurrants (or 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice) - this is all for colour not flavour
300ml double cream
250g rose petal jam, or a seedless raspberry jam (pushed through a sieve if you do not want bits)
120ml rose water
- Place the blackcurrants in a bowl and crush, then strain them so you are left with just the dark coloured juice.
- Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Stir in the yoghurt, jam, sugar, rose water and the blackcurrant juice.
- Whisk together well.
- Pour into a 1.5 litre shallow plastic container with a lid and freeze overnight.
- Remove the ice cream from the container, cut into chunks & blend in a food processor until smooth & creamy.
- Return to the plastic container and freeze until required.
- Serve with a sprinkling of almonds, pistachios or walnuts.