Taco Chilli Bowls
4 tbsp FAGE Total 0%
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
250g lean minced beef
2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp dried oregano
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 beef stock cube
1 tbsp tomato puree
4 soft flour tortilla wraps
250g cooked hot basmati rice
Shredded Iceburg lettuce
40g reduced fat grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add the green pepper and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mince and brown. Stir in the spices and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Crumble in the stock cube and stir in the tomato puree. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To make the Taco Cup preheat the oven to 170°C / Gas Mark 3. Spray the tortilla wraps with oil, on one side. Fit the wrap, oil side down, into a heatproof bowl and bake for 4-5 minutes until crisp enough to hold its shape. Carefully remove the taco bowl and place on a baking sheet upside down for a further 3-4 minutes until lightly golden and crisp.
- Divide the rice between the taco bowls, top with chilli, sprinkle on the lettuce and cheese and top with a spoonful of yoghurt.
- This recipe was created by Lucia from <a href="http://www.lulabellaskitchen.com/">Lulabella's Kitchen</a>