Yoghurt Stuffed Sea Bream
100g FAGE Total
4 large sea bream
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 jar capers, soaked in water to remove the salt then drained
30g flaked almonds
2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
4 lemons, to serve
- Ask your fishmonger to scale, gut and remove the gills from the sea bream. Wash the fish inside and out under running cold water then pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place a sheet of foil over the grill rack and brush it with olive oil. Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Season each fish with salt and pepper, brushing inside and out generously with olive oil. Mix together the capers, yoghurt, almonds, spring onions, parsley and lemon juice, then stuff this into the fish cavities. Transfer the fish onto the grill rack and cook the fish for about 10 minutes on each side or until the fish starts to flake away from the bone. Brush occasionally with a little more olive oil.
- Carefully lift onto warmed plates, garnish with extra lemon wedges and serve immediately.
- Serve with gigantes beans on the side and a green salad.
- Chef’s Tip: For convenience, bake the fish in a hot oven (200°C/ 400°F / Gas Mark 6) for around 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily away from the bone.