Polenta Yoghurt Cake with Almonds & Orange
A gluten free almond and orange cake. The yoghurt adds moistness to the sponge.
Our recipe for this polenta yoghurt cake has the traditional flavours of orange and almond in a delicious moist sponge made using FAGE Total Yoghurt, all drizzled with a sweet syrup.
For the Sponge Cake:
120g FAGE Total
190g golden caster sugar
50g self-raising flour
grated zest of 2 oranges
100g ground almonds
2 tablespoons of poppy seeds (plus 1 tablespoon extra for the top of the cake)
For the Syrup:
Juice of 2 oranges
140g golden caster sugar
1 cinnamon stick
A large dollop of FAGE Total
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 20cm/8” round cake tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar until it is pale yellow and creamy and beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, zest, ground almonds, polenta, FAGE Total yoghurt and poppy seeds. Mix well with a wooden spoon and transfer to the prepared tin smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 1 hour but check after 45 minutes – the sponge will be golden brown and springy when cooked. Leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the syrup place all the ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil then simmer until reduced by at least half and it has a syrupy consistency.
- Using a skewer dot holes across the surface of the cake and then pour over the syrup, sprinkle with the extra poppy seeds. Leave to soak in before removing from the tin.
- Serve with extra FAGE Total yoghurt or vanilla ice cream and a trickle of honey.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.