Sweet Dough with Orange Blossom & Yoghurt Cream
Delicious sweet dough layered with orange blossom scented yoghurt cream and honey.
100g FAGE Total
1 whole egg, plus 3 yolks
25g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
25g golden caster sugar
1 orange, zest
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
150g plain flour
3 tbsp orange flower water
50g icing sugar
Vegetable oil or rapeseed oil, for frying
2 oranges, peel & pith sliced off, sliced into ½ cm rounds
Small bunch mint leaves, torn
50g walnut pieces
5 tbsp honey, for drizzling
1 teaspoon cinnamon, for sprinkling
- To make the dough, whisk the egg yolks with the egg, butter, sugar and orange zest. Sift in the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and 50g of the flour. Mix until smooth. Sift in the remaining flour and knead until a soft dough forms (if you have a food mixer, use the dough hook for this stage).
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in a cool place for 30 minutes. Lightly flour a work surface, roll out to about ¼ cm thick and cut into 12 x 8cm squares. Chill until ready to use.
- To make the cream, whisk the yoghurt with the mascarpone, orange flower water and sifted icing sugar. Chill until required.
- To cook, pour the oil until it is 2-3cm deep in a deep frying pan and heat to 180°C / 350°F or until a square of bread turns golden in 30 seconds. Fry in batches for 1-2 minutes on either side or until deep golden and puffed up. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To assemble, pile the cream on top of a square of dough, top with an orange slice, mint and walnuts, drizzle with honey then repeat with another layer.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon & serve.
- Chef’s Tip - You can prepare the dough two days in advance. Either fry to order or re-heat the cooked dough in the oven.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.