Wholemeal Artisan Bread
Strained yoghurt makes a great ingredient in bread as it adds a lightness and helps create a great texture.
Follow our step-by-step recipe for making a tasty artisan yoghurt bread. Under the golden crackled top lies a deliciously light texture thanks to our smooth FAGE Total.
75g FAGE Total
400g strong bread flour
75g strong granary bread flour
7g dried yeast
2 tsp salt
200ml warm water
For the topping:
25g rice flour
1 tsp caster sugar
¼ tsp dried yeast
1 tsp vegetable oil
30ml warm water
- In a large bowl mix the flours, yeast and salt. Make a well and add the yoghurt and water.
- Mix well until the ingredients come together to form a dough. Knead on a floured surface for approximately 10 minutes.
- Gently flatten the dough ball a little (approximately 5in x 5in) tucking in the edges and cupping to make a nice round loaf shape.
- Oil some cling film, cover the dough loosely and place in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- To make the topping, mix the rice flour, sugar, yeast and salt together.
- Stir in the oil and warm water until it forms a thickish paste. Cover and set aside in a warm place until ready to use.
- Once the dough has proven, use your hands to rub the topping evenly over the proven loaf.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden with a lovely crackled top.
- Remove from the oven and tap the underneath - it should sound hollow. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Everyday meals, low in fat
Who said low fat couldn’t be tasty? In addition to tasting great, our FAGE Total strained yoghurt can help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for detox inspiration, try one of our ‘low or no added sugar’ dessert recipes. Easy recipes to help you lead a healthier lifestyle, all featuring our delicious Greek recipe strained yoghurt.
The pick of our favourite sweet recipes made with FAGE Total and juicy fruits.
Delicious recipes ideas for savoury snacks and light meals
The pick of our favourite savoury recipes. FAGE Total teamed with the finest veggies!
A selection of our most popular sweet treat recipe ideas!
Quick and Easy
Short on time but still want great taste? Try these quick and easy recipes made using FAGE Total
Be inspired with these quick, easy and delicious smoothie recipes or just add a dollop of FAGE Total into your go-to smoothie for a creamy, protein-rich hit.
Brilliant for Baking
From cupcakes & crumbles to buns & birthday cakes. Bake something for any occasion using FAGE Total.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
High protein Snacks and Meals
FAGE Total, Greek recipe strained yoghurt, is a food renowned for its high protein content, perfect for eating as a protein snack with fruit or nuts before or after exercise. It can also be eaten in various guises as part of your evening meal or lunch. Take a look at our selection of protein recipes.
Try our warming savoury Autumn dishes, made with creamy FAGE Total.
Strained Yoghurt at Breakfast
There are many ways to enjoy FAGE Total strained yoghurt in the mornings, for breakfast or brunch!
Many of us struggle to find healthy lunch recipes, which are tasty and easy to prepare. FAGE Total can be used as an alternative to mayonnaise or cream, making our strained yoghurt the perfect base for creamy salad dressings, coleslaws, dips and spreads or as a topping for baked potatoes! Here you will find a wide selection of lunch recipes to choose from.
Back to School
Finding something nutritious and delicious to slot in to your children’s lunchboxes can be a difficult task. That’s why we have come up with a collection of tasty recipes designed for the whole family. Most of these easy packed lunch recipes can also be made in the evening or at weekend, ready for the week ahead.
One of the best things about summer is eating alfresco with friends and family. Here you will find a wide range of summer recipes for all the family, ranging from best burger and BBQ recipes, to frozen yoghurt lollies and dessert recipes.