Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Fennel Mash & Pomegranate Reduction
For the chicken:
2 tbsp FAGE Total
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 skinless free-range chicken breasts
250ml chicken stock
250ml pomegranate juice
The seeds of 1 pomegranate
For the mash:
75g FAGE Total
2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 fennel chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F / 200C / Gas Mark 6.
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to make a marinade.
- Score the chicken, season and cover with the marinade, place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and boil the potatoes, and keep warm.
- Cook the chicken on a baking tray for 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan melt the butter and sweat off the fennel until soft and tender.
- And bring the chicken stock and pomegranate juice to the boil and let it reduce by half. Add the seeds of the pomegranate. Remove from heat and whisk in the FAGE Total yoghurt.
- Drain and mash the potatoes, add in the fennel and fold in the yoghurt.
- Slice the chicken and place on top of the mash, and serve with greens.