Carrot & Yoghurt Cake
200g FAGE Total Yoghurt
150g carrot, grated
200ml orange juice
75g muscavdo sugar
75g sunflower seeds
50ml sunflower oil
3 eggs, beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
300g wholemeal flour
150g wheat germ
1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 170°C / Gas Mark 3.
- Mix the carrots, FAGE Total Yoghurt, orange juice, sugar, sultanas, sunflower seeds, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, wheat germ, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Fold the dry ingredients gradually into the carrot mixture until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 30cm x 19cm rectangular cake tin, and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 2 hours, cut into squares and store in an air tight container.
- To make this even more delicious, mix together the ingredients below until it forms a smooth paste. Spread on top of cake and decorate with walnuts: 100g FAGE Total Yoghurt, 100g full-fat soft cream cheese, 50g unsalted butter (room temperature), 75g icing sugar, 16 walnut pieces (optional)