Chilled Avocado & Yoghurt Soup
500g FAGE Total 0%
3 large ripe avocados
Juice of one lemon
500ml semi skimmed milk
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
½ tsp chopped chives for garnish
A few drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
Salt and black pepper to taste
50g homemade croutons
- Peel and chop the avocado into chunks then place into a food processor.
- Pour over the lemon juice, add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- To serve, chill four soup bowls pour in the soup and garnish with croutons and chives. So simple, quick and delicious!
- To make the homemade croutons simply take a thick slice of your favourite ‘crusty cottage loaf or crusty olive bread’ and cut into bite size pieces. Place onto a baking sheet, drizzle then with some Greek olive oil and bake until golden brown.