300g FAGE Total 0%
1pt skimmed milk
5 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk with the seeds of the vanilla pod.
- In separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the boiled milk to the egg mixture and return to a moderate heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Heat and stir until the mixture thickens slightly (just enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- Remove from the heat and place into a new bowl. Allow to cool before covering the bowl and refrigerating until the eggnog has cooled.
- 2 minutes prior to serving, mix in the yoghurt and brandy, and ladle the mixture into glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a sprinkling of ground nutmeg.