Cream of Celeriac Soup topped with Curried Yoghurt
A warming celeriac soup topped with sunflower seeds and curried yoghurt.
200g FAGE Total
1 celeriac, peeled and cubed
1 leek, trimmed, washed and roughly sliced
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 litre vegetable stock
1 tbsp Madras curry paste
50g sunflower seeds toasted
Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium to low heat.
- Add the celeriac, leek, garlic and onion. Season generously and gently sweat the vegetables until they are all starting to soften (approx 10 minutes).
- Add the stock and bring the soup to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the celeriac is completely tender.
- While soup is cooking mix the yoghurt and curry paste together.
- Liquidise until smooth, return to the pan and reheat over a medium flame.
- Just before serving, check the soup for seasoning and serve with a dollop of curried yoghurt, sprinkling the toasted sesame seeds on top.