Healthy Fruit Cake
200g FAGE Total
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
50g ground almonds
2 apples peeled, quartered & finely chopped
100g chopped prunes (optional but good because makes the cake very moist) Best to do in a food processor
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of Allspice
150g wholemeal flour, sifted
1 tbsp baking powder
Up to ¼ pint milk or as needed
- Beat the bananas, eggs and ground almonds together.
- Stir in the walnuts, sultanas, apples, prunes, & yoghurt.
- Add all of the dry ingredients & mix well. Add as much milk as is needed to slacken the mixture to cake consistency.
- Pour into a greased lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 180°C (175°C for fan assisted ovens) / 350°F / Gas Mark 4 for 45 minutes or until firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.