Lemon, Sultana & Bourbon Yoghurt Cheesecake
Adding strained yoghurt to a cheesecake makes a slightly healthier but still delicious dessert.
300g FAGE Total
10 inch sponge slice cut from a shop bought sponge flan case
200g caster sugar
3 lemons, zest
4 tbsp cornflour
3 tbsp sultanas, soaked in bourbon
800g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Line a loose button cake tin and place in the sponge slice.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, zest, cornflour and sultanas. Beat in the cream cheese and eggs.
- Add the yoghurt and vanilla extract and beat until the mixture is smooth. Pour gently over the sponge base.
- Sit the tin in a baking tray filled with 2-3mm water to create stem during cooking. Bake for 50-55 minutes until the top is golden.
- Leave to cool completely before removing the tin, cut into portions and serve with yoghurt.