Pork Loin Steaks with Mushrooms, Smoked Bacon & Apple Yoghurt
These delicious pork loin steaks can be cooked on the BBQ or in the oven
4 large pork loin steaks
100g button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp butter
4 rashers smoked bacon, cut into strips
4 sprigs thyme
2 cloves garlic, crushed
50ml balsamic vinegar
50ml white wine vinegar
For the dip:
250g FAGE Total
2 apples, cored and diced
Juice of 1 lemon
- Cut 8 equal sized oblongs of tin foil approximately 30cm by 15cm, to make 4 double thickness bags.
- Quickly char grill the pork steaks on a hot BBQ or grill to mark the meat with stripes.
- Place the pork in one half of the foil, fold over and then fold over the ends, creating a bag effect. Leave the top of the bags open. Repeat with each steak.
- Divide the mushrooms, butter, bacon, thyme, garlic and vinegars equally between the bags.
- Fold over the top to seal and create a neat parcel. Cook on the BBQ for 15-20 minutes, or in an oven at 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- To make the dip, combine the apples, FAGE Total yoghurt and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Serve the pork steaks with a big dollop of apple yoghurt.