Salmon en Croute with Cucumber, Yoghurt & Horseradish
4 sheets filo pastry
100g butter, melted
4 skinless salmon steaks
150-160g 2 eggs, hard boiled (whites and yolks grated separately)
200g baby spinach, wilted
For the dip:
250g FAGE Total 2%
Half cucumber, peeled into ribbons
1 tsp horseradish
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brush the sheets of filo pastry with butter.
- Place the salmon at one end of the pastry and add a layer of grated egg white on top. Follow with a layer of spinach and finally a layer of grated egg yolk.
- Fold over the sides and roll the salmon up in the filo to make a neat parcel. Use the melted butter to stick the filo together.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on top of a baking tray and place the salmon parcels on top. Brush with more butter and bake in a pre heated oven (200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6) for approximately 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- To make the dip, shave the sides of the cucumber to make ribbons, discarding the middle section containing seeds.
- Fold the cucumber into the TOTAL Yoghurt and horseradish and season to taste.