Smoked Haddock Breakfast Florentine
2 tbsp vinegar
200g dyed smoked haddock
1 pint milk
1 granary loaf, small uncut
For the dressing:
200g FAGE Total
1 bunch chives, chopped
Salt & pepper
1 bag baby leaf spinach
- In a saucepan bring to boil ¾ pan water with the vinegar for poaching the eggs.
- Poach the smoked haddock for approximately 8-10 minutes in the milk, bringing it to a simmer.
- Remove the haddock from the milk once poached and save the flavoured milk.
- Cut 2 thick slices from the loaf and toast.
- Chop ¾ of the chive and mix into the yoghurt along with 75ml of the flavoured milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Poach the eggs for approximately 2 ½ minutes to keep the yolk runny.
- Wilt the spinach gently in a frying pan.
- Serve the spinach on the toast topped by flaked haddock and poached egg. Top with the yoghurt dressing and finish with a lemon wedge.