Spicy Lamb, Chickpea Pasties with a Yoghurt Dip
1 red onion, diced
½ fresh tsp red chilli
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp cinnamon
400g diced roast lamb
1 tin chick peas
A handful of coriander
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
Salt and pepper
For the pastry:
500g short crust pastry
2 egg yolks, beaten
For the tomato, yoghurt and mint dip:
200g FAGE Total
4 tomatoes, diced Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- Gently fry the onion, chilli, garlic and spices in a little oil. Add the lamb and cook until golden.
- Add the chick peas and coriander and season. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat, add ketchup and leave to cool.
- Roll out the pastry to about ¼ inch thick then cut out 8-10 circles using a tea saucer. Brush the edges with egg yolk.
- Place the filling in the middle of the circles, bring the edges together at the top and crimp together with your fingers.
- Brush with egg yolk over the tops of the pasties and bake in a moderate oven 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes.
- For the dip, mix the FAGE Total 0% Yoghurt, diced tomato and chopped mint together.
- Serve with the yoghurt dip.