250g FAGE Total
100ml ginger wine
50g soft brown sugar
75g self raising flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground ginger, heaped
¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
¼ tsp cloves, ground
1 egg, large
40g butter soft
50g sugar molasses
75ml water, warm
50g stem ginger, chopped
75g Bramley apple, peeled and chopped
75g pecans, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 360°F / Gas Mark 4.
- In a saucepan reduce the ginger wine, rum and soft brown sugar until it forms a syrup. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices, then add the egg, butter and molasses sugar.
- Using an electric hand mixer or mixer, whisk everything together, gradually adding the warm water to make a smooth mixture.
- Fold in the stem ginger, apple and pecans.
- Divide the mixture into the buttered pudding basins and cook in the middle of an oven for 30 – 35 minutes, until they feel firm and springy to the touch.
- Gently ease the puddings from their basins. Mix the rum and ginger wine syrup with the yoghurt and serve on top of the hot puddings.