Banana, Yoghurt and Chocolate Chip Pancakes
20g FAGE Total Yoghurt
175g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp caster sugar
pinch of salt
100ml semi-skimmed milk
handful of chocolate chips
30g Butter or a splash of oil for frying
FAGE Total Yoghurt
chocolate chips and maple syrup, to serve
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt into a large bowl and whisk to combine
- Make a well in the middle of the flour. Whisk together the yoghurt and milk, and then crack in the egg and whisk until smooth. Pour into the flour and whisk until a smooth thick batter. Add the chocolate chips.
- Set a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add butter or oil. Drop in 2 ladels of batter next to each other, allowing plenty of room for the pancakes to grow. It’s important not to let the pan get too hot.
- After 1-2 minutes, when the odd bubble appears, flip each pancake using a spatula and cook for 1 minute more, until well risen.
- To serve, pile the pancakes on a plate and top with the banana, chocolate chips. FAGE Total Yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.