60g all-purpose flour
30g chopped almonds
½ teaspoon almond extract
5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
240g all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cardamom
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
280g FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Streusel: In a medium bowl, whisk to combine flour and sugar. Stir in almonds and extract. Using fingertips, rub butter into almond mixture to form medium clumps. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together Yoghurt with 83ml water. Stir in butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fold flour mixture into wet ingredients, then fold in blueberries. Divide batter between muffin cups, top with streusel and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan before serving.
- Store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.