700gr all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 pinches of salt
250gr butter, room temperature
170g FAGE Total 0%,2% or 5%, room temperature
2 large eggs
250g granulated sugar
Vanilla extract ( optional)
60g meringue powder
170g FAGE Total 0%,2% or 5%
500gr powder sugar
Vanilla extract (optional)
Food coloring (red, blue, orange and black)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together butter and yoghurt. Slowly add eggs, sugar, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour mixture into yoghurt cream mixture in two batches and mix until well combined. Separate dough into 2 equal parts.
- Dust surface with flour and roll out dough to about 1,5cm thickness. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut into shapes and arrange onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together merengue powder, Yoghurt, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Divide icing into 5 different bowls and add blue, red, black, and orange food coloring to 4 bowls. Leave the 5th bowl as is for white icing.
- Frost each cookie and leave to dry for 3-5 hours.
- Keep cookies in the refrigerator and enjoy.