For the pancakes:
100g FAGE Total 0%
1tsp vanilla essence
220g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp caster sugar
For the rhubarb compote:
240g FAGE Total 0% Yoghurt
12 sticks Rhubarb
50g caster sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon Honey
- Put all pancake ingredients (except the butter) into a blender and mix until nice and smooth. Leave to rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- For the rhubarb compote, preheat the oven to 180C /350 F/gas 4. Cut the rhubarb into 10cm/4” lengths and arrange in a single layer on a large baking tray.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the rhubarb. Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes or until the rhubarb is just soft to touch.
- Remove, cool and then using a fork lightly crush the rhubarb into a coarse puree.
- Stir the pancake mixture and transfer to a jug. Melt a little butter in a frying pan. Pour enough batter in the centre of the pan to make a 7.5cm/3” disc. Gently fry for a minute until bubbles rise to the surface. Using a palette knife flip it over and cook for 30 seconds more until cooked and golden. Repeat with the remaining butter and pancake mixture.
- To serve, stack the pancakes on a plate. Serve with the rhubarb and cinnamon compote, a dollop of yoghurt and drizzle with honey.