Banana Bread with Apple, Maple Syrup & Yoghurt
For the bread:
70g FAGE Total 0%
2 ripe bananas
45g Sweetness & Light Silverspoon Granulated Sweetener
200g self raising flour
170g low fat spread
½ tsp baking powder
Few drops vanilla essence
For the topping:
100g FAGE Total 0%
2 tbsp maple syrup or Rich & Dark agave nectar
2 tbsp low sugar apple compote
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F / Gas Mark 3.
- Add all of the ingredients to make the bread to a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow the loaf to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Mix the yoghurt and maple syrup or agave nectar together in a bowl, spread on to the loaf and top with the apple compote.