5 egg yolks
240g heavy cream
1.5g fine sea salt
570g FAGE Total
1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
125g pecans, toasted and chopped
Chopped toasted pecans
- Ice Cream: In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks and honey until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan warm heavy cream, sugar and salt over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer, 6-8 minutes.
- Gradually pour warm cream mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Transfer mixture back to saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a silicone spatula until mixture begins to thicken, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a clean bowl nested in a larger bowl filled halfway with ice water. Continue to stir over the ice bath until the mixture cools to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Whisk in FAGE Total and vanilla to create a smooth custard.
- Cover the custard and chill at least 2 hours.
- Pour custard into the freezer container of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, adding pecans during the last 5 minutes of churning. Transfer to a freezer safe container or pan and freeze at least 1 hour or until completely set.
- To Serve: Scoop ice cream into waffle cones, drizzle with more honey, and sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers covered in the freezer.