Orange and Dark Chocolate Scones
250g all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
280gr FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2%, or FAGE Total 0%
1 large egg, lightly beaten
60g butter, melted
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
90g chopped dark chocolate
FAGE Total Icing:
125g powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoon FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2%, or FAGE Total 0%
1 tablespoon milk, cream, or half-and-half
½ vanilla bean, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- Scones: Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk to combine FAGE Total, sugar, egg, butter and orange zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until almost combined. Stir in chocolate until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface, and shape into a circle. Gently flatten the top so the entire circle is about the same thickness.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges. Place scones on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack and let scones cool for 5 minutes.
- FAGE Total Icing: In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, FAGE Total, milk, cream, or half-and-half, and vanilla bean seeds until smooth. Drizzle or spread icing over scones.
- Serve scones warm. Let any leftover scones cool completely, and store refrigerated in an airtight container up to 5 days.