Poached Clementines with Chocolate Yoghurt
These warming, spiced poached clementines are delicious with a serving of dark chocolate yoghurt
200g FAGE Total 2% Yoghurt
50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
Juice of 2 clementines
150ml elderflower cordial
100g caster sugar
1cm piece deseeded red chilli
2 whole star anise
2 cardamom pods
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly, then stir in the clementine juice. Fold in the FAGE Total and chill in the fridge until ready to serve
- Place the cordial, sugar, chilli and spices in a pan with 200ml hot water. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved. With a sharp knife, remove the skin and pith from the clementines
- Lower the clementines, and a piece or two of skin, into the pan. Gently poach the clementines for about 8 mins until tender. Remove from the liquid and set aside.
- Turn up the heat and simmer the poaching liquid until thickened slightly, to a more syrupy consistency. Remove the clementine skin, red chilli, star anise and cardamom pods.
- Serve the poached clementines drizzled with the poaching liquid, alongside the chocolate yoghurt.